Before i was a mummy

 I never tripped over toys thrown around the living room.
I didn't worry about baby proofing the house.
I didn't have as many sleepless nights or early mornings.
Id never been puked on, pee'd on or pooed on. 
I never got so happy over the tiniest things.
I never cried because i couldn't take away your pain. 
My heart never broke because i'd had a bad day and felt like a terrible mummy. 
I had full control over my mind and my life. 
I could go out whenever i wanted.
I could fall asleep and wake up whenever i wanted. 
I never held a baby and not wanted to put him down just because he was peacefully sleeping on me. 
Before i was a mummy 
I never appreciated the smallest things in life.
I never new i could love someone as much as i love my boys.
I never looked at someone and felt like my heart could explode with love.
I never played silly games or made silly faces as much as i do now. 
I never danced around the kitchen just to make yous laugh. 
I didn't know my life would be taken over with tantrums, giggles, fun days out, making memories.
I took naps during the day whenever i wanted to. 
I didn't know the true meaning of love until you 3 came along.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Uninvolved Family

Motherhood is hard...but it is also amazing.