I'll Miss These Moments Once There Gone

 I will miss my child climbing up onto my lap to cuddle into me.

I will miss my child asking me to hold them. 

I will miss them asking to join me for a cuddle in bed.

I will miss just sitting watching them toddle around giggling.

I will miss watching them sit together playing. 

One day they will call me mum instead of mummy and i will miss that. 

They won't need to hold my hand to cross the road. 

They won't need me to walk them to school anymore. 

They won't need me to wash their hair or watch them splashing around in their bubble baths. 

I will miss carrying them to bed when they fall asleep in my arms or on the sofa beside me. 

I will miss picking up their toys to put away once they are finished with them. 

I will miss them waking me up in the night just to get in beside me just to be cuddled back to sleep.

I will miss wiping their messy little faces.

I will miss stroking their hair while they lay on me. 

There are so many things i will miss once they grow up and get older. Too many to write down.
One thing i have learnt is to appreciate every moment, good or bad because time passes so quickly and before you know it, 5 years or so has passed and they've grown into their own little person who has changed so much in so little time. 

       



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Uninvolved Family

Motherhood is hard...but it is also amazing.

Before i was a mummy